Old 08-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
shearerman320
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 304647
Vehicle:
2013 WRX STI
Plazma Blue Pearl

Default Tire Review: Nitto Motivo 234/45/R17

From doing a quick search I see a couple of other folks have been chosen to test the Nitto Motivo tire, I won't bore you with Tire Specs and availability. You can check Nitto's website for more info or Check out Gary P's Thread about the same tire

Here's a little background on my car.

2011 Wrx Sedan
Stock Rims
Replace original Dunlop 235/45/R17 sport 01
Invidia catted Down pipe
Borla exhaust
Stock suspension
Cobb Ap stage 2 93 tune
10,800 when I put tires on
11,450 upon first review (650 Miles)

I drive my car spiritedly on occasion and in my opinion really like this tire. When you first enter a turn the tire feel's a little floaty by as you stay in the power the car grips the road and tracks almost perfectly around a turn. I can tell very little difference from the stock Dunlop's that were on the car. I actually feel like these tires have a better grip on the road

Road noise is none existent with this tire not that it was any worse with the Dunlop's either just very surprised for a Sport all season tire there isn't any noise.

In the rain if your pushing the car around a turn the tire slip slightly an re grip weird feeling but something I can get used to and test more as time goes on. Remember this is pushing the car though a turn if you drive at the speed limit there is zero issue.

For comparison one of my best friends has a 12 wrx with the same power mods and the original dunlop's so we can get in one car and then the other for a good comparison as time goes on. Not to mention this tire has a 60,000 mile tread warranty. If I get half that out of these tires I would ecstatic.

The last big thing at this point is the cost of the tire which is $119-125 depending on where you look and the original Dunlop is a $242.00 dollar a piece with as little difference in performance as I am seeing you won't see Dunlop's back on my car any time soon.

Nothing can be said about winter performance at this time but if I can get a decent performance in the snow, my winter rims and tires will also be sold.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shearerman320 is offline   Reply With Quote