Thread: Smelly Subie
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
SubieTony77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344470
Default Smelly Subie

Hello everybody, I am new to this forum but I am a fully invested subie enthusiast! I have a 2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with 227k miles 5 speed normally aspirated. I love it living in west Michigan I get to take full avantage of all of its capabilities. But you all know that. We also get to deal with some weird weather changes too, just a few days ago it was in the 50's, and I was considering getting some shorts back out, now it is 5 degrees, with a real feel of -20. I have noticed when it gets cold like this there is a very strong fuel smell around the car but it also seems to get/ be stronger inside with the heat on. I did see somewhere else a couple years ago something about the injector/ injector seals failing somewhat and a tiny amount of fuel leaking out but not enough to make a puddle. I was wondering if any pancake heads out there know what I am talking about and what I could do about it. I am mechanically minded and could figure out and do things for myself just thinking someone could point a finger in the right direction. Thanks and rally on!
-Tony
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
SubieTony77 is offline   Reply With Quote