Old 04-10-2013, 02:56 PM   #95
chanomatik
Scooby Guru

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2017 Impreza Sport
Lithium Red - OLDKID

It takes far less qualifications to drive a car. Basically: It's easier to drive a fast car fast (and relatively more exciting) than it is to qualify to fly a plane if flying isn't one's true passion.

I'd just jump straight to a rocket-powered spacecraft, personally. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipToBeSquare View Post
C'mon...

That was a Cessna 182.

I am talking about JETS.

For the money put into a Veyron or a LaFerrari, or a Mac P1... You should be able to get something better than a Cessna 182 prop-driven air-taxi.

Why is it that Viperjet, ATG Javelin, Eclipse 400, and others don't succeed?
(FAA over-regulation probably makes EPA/NHTSA look like amateur-hour. Prudent regulation is one thing... getting insanely micromanaged is another.)

Otherwise, there was the CirrusJet... but evidently they were bought by the government of China two years ago.

I don't get how small scale jet aviation is so much more problematic than selling million dollar cars, that can't even approach their top speeds in 99.99% of the circumstances that they are ever used in.

I would rather have a 2 or 4 seat very light jet, and a merely nice car, than a million-plus dollar car that is good for something that isn't even readily attempted without major support considerations.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote