Scooby Newbie

Member#: 337458
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX Hatch
PBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfnick56 View Post
I would suggest a new drainplug, they do not have the washer painted to them, this way you know for certain that you are only using one gasket, not two
the magnetic plus i used has a separate washer. does the OEM not come with a washer or are you saying its part of the plug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK-Wagon View Post
If you tighten it too much you will warp the Oil pan its self! When you crank on the drain plug like hulk would.... you end up twisting the actual threaded piece that is welded to the inside of the pan. This distorts the outside of the pan and thus.... a leak that will never stop. There are only 3 small spot welds that hold the threaded part to the inside of the pan, its very easy to twist it and distort the sealing area just enough to cause a leak.

Picture of what happens when people over tighten or try to reuse the crush washer and it leaks so they tighten it more.

hoping that isn't the case. will look this weekend. out of curiosity what would it cost to repair that? can i put the OEM plug back in and get it covered under warranty?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
sreggie101 is offline   Reply With Quote