Old 04-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #527
subiTWO
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 273054
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza CVT HB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79letour View Post
I think they could have put the same 2.5fb from the Legacy in and it would have had that extra oomph and in the real world I doubt there would be much of a fuel mileage penalty. You really have to gramma drive this car to get good mpg's, which I usually do. But as soon as you get on it any the fuel mileage goes right out the window. True of any car. But considering how well the OB loaner with a 2.5fb did on gas when I had it, I feel like they should have left the 2.5 un-sleeved and let us have the same hp as the earlier gen, with a lighter, better chassis. Juat my 2¢
I still like my 2.0

I posted that somewhere else but felt it was better posted here.
I bought my wife a '12 OB w/CVT with that 2.5, and she's avging 26 MPG, with one high of 29. The car is dangerously SLOW-seriously. I'm getting 29 avg, with a 32.5 high. The last two tanks, I've been driving it hard and fast, and am down to 28. So I'm getting 12% better mileage in a MUCH faster car. I wish I was getting 40 mpg, but I wouldn't trade the Imp for any other car out there. Well, that's not true... If someone bought me a newer 911, I'd pay for gas and ins....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
subiTWO is offline   Reply With Quote