Member#: 486914
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2019 WRX Limited
CWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Title states it all.

Head unit has a rattle inside it. It drives me nuts. I don't really want the dealer tearing the dash apart to fix one rattle and make ten more.

What bugs you on your 2019 WRX and STI?
2019 WRX Limited

I like the car a lot in general. There are some nits...which may be user error, but I think operation is still not intuitive.

1. Outside temp seems to always read 5-6 degrees high.
2. HK System boots up very slowly. I cannot plug the iPhone in until the HU boots up.
a. If I do plug in before car starts, there is no connectivity with HU, and you have to unplug and replug after boot up to get connection.
b. Sometimes there is some connectivity going on, but the iPhone touch screen becomes unresponsive, and the HU also shows CarPlay as grayed out and is unresponsive. You have to unplug and replug.
3. The HU and CarPlay are two separate systems, and you cannot just ask Siri to switch to the radio or SXM sources. You cannot control this from the steering wheel as far as I can tell.
4. The touchscreen interface is dangerous while driving. There should be a way to use steering wheel controls to scroll through choices, for example checking the directions step by step in Waze or answering whether a cop is at a reported location. Looking down to touch a precise place on the screen is dangerous, and on a less than perfect road surface induces touch error because your finger hits the wrong area on the screen when hitting a bump.
5. The touchscreen is subject to sunglare, and is visually useless in certain situations.
6. The auto dimming does not seem to work, being blindingly bright at night...you have to switch to manual to get it to dim.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Chas2 is offline   Reply With Quote