Old 05-29-2003, 08:19 PM   #4
Kripski
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 17853
Vehicle:
2005 Legacy GT
Aspen White

Thanks,
Kreeger, I already put money down for a Ludespeed kit so I'm locked into that. They just had a group buy with an unbeatable price! I appreciate the link though.

Recently I wrote Bill from i-speed and he wrote me back with some good stuff:

"I really prefer to have the Link installed on the 00 and up because of the MAP sensor you get to use for daily driving. The problem with the 00 and up are the MAP sensors that can only handle 2 pounds of boost then they cut. So they can not read boost levels above that. So even with the special little triack to let boost go above that, there is no good way to tune. Piggy backs really don't work well in my opinion. I have tried all of them and they don't work well. When you get the engine management, you will notice instance power increase even fi you are only running 5 pounds of boost.

I went from an AFc and ITC with my turbo kit to the Link Plus and gained about 30-40 horsepower, becasue iw as actually able to tune it. Plus the car runs a lot smoother under boost. With piggy backs the car was constantly unsmooth and rought at certain points. So yes I do realy recommend the Link Plus or anything that will control the engine fully.

Also having bigger injectors sure does help too. If you are planning on running only like 5 PSI your car will last a long time. If you start boosting mroe and more then things start to wear out a lot quicker."

Ok so Ludespeed Stage 3, and what else to increase reliablity?

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kripski is offline   Reply With Quote