NicMonte
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 479655
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza wrx
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rodman View Post
Definitely hook up avcs, the fv48 setup you are planning is perfect for a dd from my perspective. Thatís what Iím running on my Ver 7 ej207. That turbo breathe well from low rpm to around 7,000 rpm. Your avcs enabled ej205 is going to move that fv48 nicely straight to your 7,000rpm redline. I have my gauge cluster light set to flash at 7,200rpm, the ej207 will rev to 8,000 rpm but there is no power to be found going all the way there, no need to torture. Iíve always used IA Performace avcs harness, they come with clear simple installation instructions that even I could follow. Iím no wire job guy. Your tune will probably be on open source. Iíve worKed with Stephen Clark from IA Performance at IA Tuning for my last two jdm swaps, highly recommend that dude.
You will definitely want to have an air/fuel ratio gauge for the tuning process and the future.
You need a tactrix or similar cable and a laptop or similar device you can take on your vehicle when you run out your logs.
Upload ecuflash and romrider.
Follow e tuner instructions.
Donít kill anybody nor yourself while wot logging.

So this can be done, through E-tuning?
Would a Mac book work for the tactrix cable, and logs etc.

Is ecuflash and romraider free? And are those programs easily useable? (Not to complicated, and wonít toast my ecu! If I hypothetically mess something up) sorry... had a bad experience with a original xbox, soldering a executer chip on the motherboard then downloading the wrong bios for the operating system.(virus) lol damn E-mule.

So I need:

-Wideband
-tactrix cable
-ecuflash
-romraider
And obviously wiring harness/jdm ecu.

What is open source? Yea I can swap a motor but Iím a noob in training lol
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
NicMonte is offline   Reply With Quote