Oct 1940 - Feb 2008

Super Moderator

Member#: 809
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS, '14 For
92 5MT SVX

Post preliminary damage estimate

Well, I got the sad news today... the scooby will cost (bare minimum, not accounting for hidden damages) $6600 to fix.... OUCH!!!! It's in good hands, and they wouldn't let me at it, because they have it all in pieces inspecting damage. But, just imagine shearing off your right front end from the foglight back to the front of the door, and it'll give you an idea. I think I'm going to sue that idiot for mental anguish! At any rate, I got my rental today, which will forever be known as "the brick." It is a Pontiac Sunfire, and to all those who complain the RS has a cheap plastic interior, I invite you for a test drive of the 2000 Pontiac Brick. It's brick colored, corners like a brick, accelerates like a brick, and is shaped, you guessed it, like a brick. In a fit of common sense, the brake pedal is nearly four inches higher off the floor than the gas (who needs to stop anyway?) No word on how long the fix will take, but I'd thought I'd share...

EDIT: Oh yeah, got the bad news too... because the paint is metallic, the entire car would have to be stripped to bare metal (or at least the primer) first. This all means BIG bucks, and no Steel Blue Mica for me; the one ray of hope out of the whole thing just got obscured by clouds.... DAMN!

[This message has been edited by North Ursalia (edited July 17, 2000).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
North Ursalia is offline   Reply With Quote