xluben
Scooby Guru

Member#: 261612
Vehicle:
2002 WRX - 750WHP
9.5s @ 150mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXt4cy View Post
Looking awesome Ben! Can't wait to see what kind power this setup puts down and how it goes down the track.

How does the oil sump work? I see the drain on top and then two additional lines. How does those plumb in? Does one of them feed oil to make sure the pump is never trying to suck air? Curious how this works.
I hope it is at least as fast as my last setup. Haha.

The sump has 3 ports. -10 AN on the top. This is the input to the sump (from the turbo's oil drain). The other two are -8 AN. One of them goes to the scavenge pump. The other one is a vent. I am going to tie it into the crankcase vent lines.

The vent does not feed any oil. The only oil is coming in from the turbo drain. The vent is so that the pump can suck air if needed. Otherwise it will just pull a vacuum and this is hard on the pump and bad for flow. The vent allows the pump to run with little to no load.

The other function of the sump is to allow oil to pool inside of it when the car is turned off. Gravity pulls all the oil in the lines back into the sump. If it weren't there it would just back up into the turbo and then smoke on start up.

The turbo will be fed oil from the front of the head with a -4 AN line. Basically just like any other set up would, but a little longer line to reach the remote mounted turbo. Nothing really interesting there.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xluben is offline   Reply With Quote