Scooby Newbie

Member#: 247850
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2007 SWP STi
CGM '07 Forester

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurred View Post
Thanks, it really works well and turned out just as I wanted it. Will be adding a little more power this year, trying to end up over 400. If I was to upsize I think a gtx3071r would be great. If Borg Warner can catch up to Garrett and make a decent compressor wheel they will be able to compete, but still too much concentration on turbine imo, so you can keep your dreams alive

I went from a 235z2 to the 255r888 so hard to make a direct comparison because the 255 won't perform as well until max lateral grip is exceeded, but the upgrade was mainly for that reason, to add a safety buffer for hard cornering. I would find I was on/over the limit too often and wanted to build in a safety cushion.
I honestly haven't really done too much research on the borgs. I've seen great plots and everybody raves about them but that's about the extent of my knowledge on them. I've thought about the efr's, blouch's, fp, etc.. but I always come back to the gtx 3071. I think it would suit my goals of a balanced street / road course 400ish hp car.

As for the tires, I had a couple sets of z1's in the past and one set of z2's in 245x40 on stock bbs'. Now i'm on my second set of z2's in a 255x40 on 17x9's. I can say that the extra width is certainly noticeable and a nice cushion of safety as you say.

I'm wondering if you could elaborate a little though? Are you saying the 255 won't perform as well as the 235 until the lateral grip is exceeded? Or are you referring to the 255 itself? ...Regardless, would you care to elaborate on that statement in general? It's a little more tech than my tire comprehension..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
xirallicgdb is offline   Reply With Quote