View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 07:22 PM   #35
blurred
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 47143

I was never happy with how low I sat using the BuddyClub rails so I changed them out last week for a setup that fit my size better.

I sourced the Recaro ABE specific aluminium side mounts, a Planted Technology base, and a set of Recaro sliders. I initially was going to use the Recaro side mounts on the buddy club base/slider but was concerned that I would still be too low.

This combo puts me right where I need to be, it actually makes getting in and out a little harder strangely enough as the gap between seat and steering wheel is now smaller

I'm not too happy with planted, though, after finding that there isn't a threaded boss on for the seatbelt buckle. If you have the tab, it should be a proper nut welded on. Unfortunately I didn't unpack the part until install so this meant I had to remove the seat another day after getting a nut to get it all bolted up properly. Being a standard size, 7/16-20 this should be present on any seat base with a tab for a seatbelt buckle.

The next thing I learned was that now I have the seat a few inches higher, I need a seatbelt extension, so I ordered a 3" buckle extender to make it easier to get in and out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blurred is offline   Reply With Quote