View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 11:07 PM   #5
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 467517
Join Date: May 2017

Originally Posted by Master467 View Post
Other option: delicatly remove vin plates from bugeye, rip plates off blobeye, carefully mount bugeye's plates on the blobeye. Theres also a stamped VIN number on the pass side of the firewall, cover it or something.

If the blobeye is blown up, swap motors and go reg it. Actually, if bugeye is registered already you dont have to do jack.

People do face swaps all the time, an 03 blobeye isnt going to raise any eyebrows. And they are the same factory color code, you're friggin golden my dude.

Haha I thought about but swapping vins sounds like a small risk I'd rather not take plus the motor in the 03 has far less miles so I'd have to swap motors if I wanted to keep it which I'd have to disconnect the tranny anyways. Either way it was a project, this way it's not likely I'll get in trouble for swapping bins even tho neither are illegal unless I drive them without registration.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
oh.pig is offline   Reply With Quote