Scooby Newbie

Member#: 351365
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2017 Subaru-less
1997 Integra GS-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxscal412 View Post
I have a Sway bar question for any 08+ WRX hatch owners who are running aftermarket sways.
I am looking to upgrade my stock sway bars. (eibach/whiteline/RCE) I have read multiple comments that state in areas where the roads are rough (Pothole Pittsburgh) many owners run a 22mm setup on both the front and back. My question to any PGH WRX owners w/sways would be what setup are you running and how is the ride given our rougher terrain? I do not auto-x my car, but I may do a Pitt Race event in the future. WRX is my DD and yes I am also upgrading my end-links. Also I am not worried about the ride being too stiff, and I am riding on the stock suspension.
I was leaning towards the Eibach kit with 25mm front and 22mm back...but based on the responses I would have no problem going Whiteline 22's for both??
Sorry for the essay, just trying to get some experienced reviews from owners in the area.
Thanks.
J
This is really gonna come down to personal preference, so you will likely get a lot of opinions. I think a great street setup would be a 22 mm front and an STi rear bar (19 mm I think). If you really want to feel a difference on the street, a bigger bar (like 24-25mm) will definitely give you a stiffer feel, but might not necessarily be the "best" as far as handling ability. As for brands, I think any of the ones you mentioned would be fine, as well as Cobb and Perrin. Folks 'round here seem to be big on Whiteline, which I was unfamiliar with before, coming from Hondas. I have the Whiteline 22mm adjustable front bar and on the soft setting I can barely tell a difference from the stock bar. The hard setting feels pretty good, but so far it's been too stiff for autocross so I can't see myself using it much. The Eibach kit seems pretty popular too since its a "kit." I haven't really looked at it but I'm guessing it's hollow and might not be quite as stiff as some of the other similar size bars. It might be a good starting point for messing with sway bars, since you're more concerned with "feel" than actual handling characteristics like reducing understeer. Think you'll try putting them on yourself or will you take it somewhere? Good luck!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Josh R. is online now   Reply With Quote