Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2015 WRX, 2012 WRX,
2013 BRZ, 2006 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabikejumper View Post
First off I have a 02 wrx wagon auto

all I have is turbo back exhaust.

Could the tuner (awdtuning) just do a road tune and ost?

A guy unknown went they for a tune week after getting his 02 wrx. He had it tuned and he spun a bearing two days later.

I can't afford to rebuild a motor.

Could I just but a AP and run that map for a reflash?

I don't want to do a dyno run. I want to know my numbers, but I don't want to risk motor blowing. ( don't know the dyno process) do they just run the car thru all gears and redline?

Flame if you must, I need to learn somehow...
Some tuners will give the option of either a road tune or a dyno tune. Neither one is any more "dangerous" and most assume to use the dyno because you are not then driving illegaly on roads.

Most basic tunes on dynos require your tuner to drive the car while on the dyno but only actually pull in 1 gear, usually 3rd or 4th for the tune up to redline. They do not rip all the way through every gear and its widely believed to be much safer for a car because the load is not as great. Plus if little problems occur they are right there to fix it. Generally this does cost more than a basic road tune though.

Of course you can always go with an accessport but you will see much much mcuh better power from your tuner, especially because Mary and keith at AWD are awesome!

Will
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote