View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Bram
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 292653

I have seen numerous swivel fittings from other name brand manufactures leak like that. I dont nessisarily think its a fault with Radium fittings. Its an inherrent fault with "swivel" elbow hose ends.

I now refuse to use swivel hose ends. If i need a 90° (or any other angle). Then i dont buy a hose end with a 90° built into it. Instead I buy all straight hose ends and then buy seperate 90° male to female unions for where i need to have the angles.

Its a pain in the arse as those things arent cheap. But when you use all straight hose ends, and seperate angled unions, then you bypass all the swivel garbage.
Although you are introducing more parts, so you would think more potential places of failure, simple male-female unions are much easier to seal than a swivel fitting.

For fuel, I only use premium name brand PTFE hose / hose-ends. But have found you can use more economical no name / ebay style unions and basic fittings as these are more simple than the hose ends and hose.

EDIT : Didnt realise Radium did a banjo swivel thing. My comments above are directed at more traditional style swivel hose end fittings. I have not seen or used the radium swivel adapter things. But looking at it, i would be a little weary of using it. I know radium gear is usually top notch. But i dont like the idea of having presumably O-rings inside that banjo being able to constantly move and swivel like that. And is the same principle why i dont use swivel hose ends.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Bram; 05-15-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote