Scooby Newbie

Member#: 151967
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 wrx wagon
UGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubyaAreEcks View Post
After looking at various threads and searches on trailer hitches, I still have a few questions hopefully some owners might have answers for.

The car this will be installed is a 2004 WRX with stock exhaust. Might move to a turboback setup at some point which deters me from considering the Draw-Tite, Uhaul, or Hidden Hitch brands. At this time, this will be used for a bike rack only with no need to the wiring harness

1) What has more exhaust clearance, the OEM, or the Curt?

2) I noticed the Curt only has 2 holes per side that attach to the frame, opposed to the other brands, and oem, which have 3 per side. Should I care?

3) Does the Curt still require cutting of at least the few inches of the bumper to the left of the exhaust?

4) I also noticed on the Curt, that the left most exhaust hanger is a appears a tad low. I've seen pictures with exhausts that are slightly tilted to the left. Is this an issue with various aftermarket exhausts on both the OEM and the Curt? Will they both correctly fit the stock exhaust without the tilt?

Thanks
I have the curt on my wagon with a maddad whisper turboback and it fits great, originally there was the tilt to the left however if you move the hanger and tighten the bolt you can get it to hold it pretty even, or you could get a longer hanger for the other side to even it out. My hitch is used exclusively so far for my thule t2 bike rack. I had to cut a small amount of my bumper to get the hitch to fit but you'd never notice it if you do a good job. I can't answer all of your questions but at least one or two and put in alittle .02
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
07wrxwag is offline   Reply With Quote