Old 09-10-2005, 11:28 PM   #10
mikeyg
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 86497
Vehicle:
04 STI
Black

Default drive both

I don't believe the AWD is available in the G35 coupe, only the sedan. He should drive both and go from there. Very different cars here. I used to have acura cl type s and now have an STI. There are a lot of differences to consider when comparing a luxary sport coupe with the STI. I love both cars and wouldn't try to recommend one for someone else but here is a general comparison of things I considered when I went with the STI.

My summary is:

The Infiniti is a luxary sport coupe with upscale/refined interior. There are tons of amenities you can get on these things. If I am correct this is only a rear wheel drive. Something to consider in bad climates. Definitely a performance car but not all out like the STI. Only 2 doors. Looks attract attention but I would not call it flashy.

STI is not upscale per se with a more basic interior, definitely flashier, and will outperform the Infiniti. When I say STI is not upscale, I'm not referring to the cost but rather the perception others will have. In my opinion, to most people, they don't see this car as upsclae compared to the Infiniti even though it costs about the same. They just perceive it as a Subaru. Top notch reliability from Subaru, Five star frontal offset, and four star side crash rating are a plus. All wheel drive is nice for all types of weather. Most people choose a different tire setup for winter though. Four doors on the STI and only 2 for the G35. Will be very noisy compared to the G35 in terms of road noise, differential noise, and engine noise.

Both are good choices.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote