Scooby Newbie

Member#: 484052
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJM1013 View Post
I ordered a set of these for my 09 wrx and so far I have had a pretty bad experience with oemassive and the headlights. The first set arrived 4 days after I placed the order and upon receiving them I notice there was a chip on the lower inside corner of the driver side light. It would not be visible one installed but it was close enough to the seal that I worried that at some point it would fail and allow moisture into the housing, considering they only have a 60 day guarantee I didn't want to chance it. Also there was quite a bit of dust and other particles inside the housing and on the projector itself. I sent an email through the oemassive website and did not get a reply within 24 hours so I contacted them on facebook and received a reply fairly quick. I sent the pictures of the problems right away but didn't get a reply until the next day. I took 12 days to receive a return label for shipping and 19 days total to receive the new headlights. I received the new headlights yesterday and the quality is not much better. There is still dust inside the housings and on the projector. It is not as bad and I figured I would either just live with it or find a way to try and clean it out. The bad news it on the driver side headlight there are fine scratches on the inside of if the headlight lens. With how the exchange process went last time I was tempted to just keep them but for $450 I am not willing accept this level of poor quality. I can accept the dust but not the scratches. If they can not provide a timely exchange process this time I will just ask for a refund. I waited a while for these to come out and it will be disappointing if it doesn't work out, but I might have to try another option on the market.

May I ask where you purchased them from? Was it their eBay store or oemassive.com? With eBay you at least have some sort of buyer protection beyond disputing the charge on your credit card. When I did inquire about returning them and calling their support number listed on their site, they were a bit dismissive and not that helpful but they recognized that i was an eBay customer.

In regards to quality, I haven't had many issues. I did have condensation in the housing, but that disappeared the next day. The black plastic used for the rear housing isn't as good as OEM but seems to be holding up. I suspect that the packing method they used is the issue with with the scratches and dust with your lights. They use that form fitting chemical foam with the lights stuffed on top of the plastic film. They should have some sort of protective film or soft foam to act as as barrier between the shipping foam.

If anyone does purchase from them I highly recommend buying via eBay and waiting for a eBay coupon or eBay bucks special offer. These aren't worth $420 (or in your case $450), but a sale helps a bunch. I will admit that they do transform the look of the car though. I get so many double-takes from other WRX drivers on the street.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Kwincy; 09-26-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Kwincy is offline   Reply With Quote