Scooby Guru

Member#: 56203
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
00 RSTI Coupe
Twin Scroll 2.5XTR EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpowr View Post
If I'm not mistaken my stock bore cosworths were set at .0015. I'll check the blueprint.
That makes sense since they are 4032 and can be ran tighter... but that does seem pretty tight. IIRC Mahle 4032s recommend .002-.003 for PTW

Quote:
If I pay a machine shop to cut my block to certain spec shouldn't I expect to receive it like that? I don't want to come off cocky but this issue has been bothering me for years.

I'm not ignorant to how small .000x is...

Maybe I am being hyper critical.
Thats why theres tolerances. Its impossible to get exact spec across the board when your talking about ten thousands of a inch. Even if you could its not like everything would stay the exact same at different temps.

Quote:
I would admit I was wrong if I really believed you can assemble a used Subaru engine with off the shelf parts.
It is very possible to do that as long as everything checks out and theres nothing wrong with doing it like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboothman View Post
Most decent shops will tell you that you need to double check their work when you take delivery or shortly after.
Thats crazy!! Ive never had a shop say that but I wouldnt be upset cause Id be doing that anyway
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Paul; 02-25-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote