View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 08:44 PM   #28
bach415
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 438986

Hi, my friend and I are trying to diagnose the same type of problem. He just bought the car from a private sale and issues started happening the day after. His car essentially will start up sometimes, then dies after about 2 minutes (cold start), temp gauge pegs to hot, tachometer pegs to 8k, and relays from passenger side are constantly clicking. Once it dies, it refuses to start back up for a while and persist w/ the pegging and clicking even after you turn off the vehicle, remove the key, and attempt to start it up again.

I read that it maybe a ground problem but everywhere I searched, I can only seem to find three-four common ground locations (starter, intake manifold, near vcd module, and the two from the engine to the bottom of the chassis). We have fixed the starter ground location (was not in the right place) What are the other grounding points I should look for (possible diagram or picture location will help a lot).

Also if grounding is not the issue, what can be possibly the problem causing it?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bach415 is offline   Reply With Quote