View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 09:45 AM   #113
CtStig
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 421108

Subaru back into WRC doesn't seem too far of a stretch anymore. Akio Toyoda was quoted pretty recently that he hoped Subaru would throw their hat back in the WRC game and since Toyota's stake is reported to be at 20% in Subaru he must have some influence. Other things that give me hope are the new regulations for 2022 could entice more manufacturers to include Subaru and the introduction of Japan back onto the WRC calendar starting next year all point toward a possible rekindling of interest in Japan's manufacturers. We could even see a Solberg back in a Subaru WRC car as Oliver's development timeline looks to coincide with the 2022 season's debut. Petter's farewell tour took him to Subaru in Japan recently and who knows what discussions were had.....

Shik, I think you've hit on something regarding Subaru USA's branching out into some new areas next year. There's no way they're going to let that shop in VT sit idle considering the investment put into it and they've hinted at some good news coming soon via their Instagram page. There's the Mt Washington Hill Climb next summer, hopefully at least 2 cars for that. I expect Higgins to be fully backed again to go for the record tying 11th championship in ARA with at least 1 full time team mate for ARA. They've got 2 former WRC drivers in their stable with Atkinson and Sandell so it would be great to see a 3 car full season effort in ARA. For rallycross, hopefully an expansion for Nitro. What, if anything else hopefully we know soon....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
CtStig is offline   Reply With Quote