View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #20
blurred
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 47143

A few more pictures of the progress, the car is finished now, should be tuned this weekend.

In progress, getting the turbo, inlet, lines etc in their final position to start bolting everything back on. A real emphasis was placed on clean routing to keep clutter at a minimum and to ensure servicing would be as easy as possible down the road.

GrimmSpeed TMIC, with 125cc water/meth nozzle and IAT temp sensor added to the underside, both AEM.

KillerB HolyHeader mounted, such a nice piece! You can just see the new custom dowpipe and the EWG recirculation pipe in the background. DP is 3.5", minimal bends (you can actually see through it the bends are so small) thanks to the stock(ish) location of the turbo.

Garrett GTX2867r with TiAl V-band housing, and TiAl MVS 38mm wastegate. The KillerB uppipe was modified for both the V-band housing and the EWG. The wastegate dump was recirculated at a very low angle merge at the bottom of the downpipe. A number of gussets and brackets were installed as well.

Semi-Completed engine bay, just a few little touch-ups and parts to go back on. I am pleased that it is still stock appearing and doesn't have lines and hoses all over the place. I also like that I was able to keep the FHI strut tower bar with the big tmic just by spacing it up a bit, also having enough room for an aos on the firewall.

Sorry for the phone quality pics, better ones to follow. Number and driving impressions next week
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
blurred is offline   Reply With Quote