View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #305
JarHarms
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 138994
Join Date: Jan 2007
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: DeKalb-ish, IL
Vehicle:
06 WRX Ltd
SGM

Default

The fuel pump kit circuits are now routed up the front of the car and the routing is all cleaned up. Just needing to connect to battery and fuse panel to finish that task. Got some connector plugs to cap of the unused harness connections (TGV motors, 2nd air valve, 2nd air pump) instead of just wrapping with electrical tape.
I opened up that mounting hole to fit better over the battery tie.


Then a washer over the tie nut, installed this breaker, and another flange nut. Worked great and I also moved over some of the circuits I had jammed on the B+ terminal.


Some split sleeving and routing rearwards through the chassis.




Ending up over here. The WRX trunk trim liner still fits too. Also tested fitted an USDM I/C sprayer tank I had around. This will also work but will need the STI trunk trim liner to cover the tank.




But I do not plan to use the USDM I/C tank, I have a 12L tank instead. Just waiting on some spacers to mount away from the Oswald brace. Looks to me 3.75" to 4.0" spacers and longer M6x1.0 bolts. The tank rests on two bottom feet so most weight should be supported there. The seat standoffs just hold the tank upright and in place. *Yep, I ended up using 3.75" length spacers and it worked out great.*


Crimped some terminals. Added the WBO2 output signal into the E-content harness. E-content harness is now routed and installed. Just need to pinout the diff fuel psi harness and insert the terminals into the connector. WBO2 harness also re-routed a bit. All of the harnessing (WBO2, E%, Fuel, EOP, Boost, etc) runs along the firewall between the AC pipes so you would hardly know they were there.


Mounted the E-content module right on the sensor bracket. Differential fuel psi sensor is also mounted on the E-content sensor bracket. Riv-nuts were essential here. Positions worked out with the fuel hoses, electrical routing, and proximity to other parts in the engine bay. I temporarily installed an inline adapter with mech fuel psi gauge for elect sensor scaling and setting of base pressure. Will remove that gauge shortly afterwards.


PCV valve is reinstalled and fit really well considering all of the changes made in that area of the engine. Re-routed the Vcover breather hoses so they fit a nicer. Routed the 1/2" AOS drain hose over the 6MT and to the oil pan (about 4'). Fits pretty well but is close to the header. That should be solvable with some heat sleeve. The 10an strait and 10an 45el fittings will work out. I drained the oil pan and am drilling a small hole in the crossmember for some safety wire tie. Should be ready to finish that task up this week.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by JarHarms; 09-15-2019 at 11:36 PM.
JarHarms is offline   Reply With Quote