cthomasset
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 189435
Vehicle:
2008 2.5i
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFaceXC View Post
is that snorkus a simple shape or does it have channels and ducts inside the outer shell? its hard to tell from the pic... almost looks like a milk jug. just curious what changes were made between 07 and 08. do you have any pics of the rest of the stock intake?
I finally took some time to take the milk jug off. If you are wondering what that is, look for the pictures on page 2 of this thread.

It really is just a milk jug. This is no snorkus, in fact I think we should call it the milk jug. It has no channels/ducts or anything that would lead to believe it has a purpose other than noise reduction. That being said...

I took mine off and drove around for a few days. Not cool; you get some crazy noise going up from ~2000rpm through to 3000rpm - 4000rpm depending on engine load. The sound finally levels out in the upper rpms. Its so loud in the cabin that I could hear it distinctly from my cat back exhaust. Thats really saying something. Its not a awesome noise either, I remember doing a Ganz flow intake (straight tube to air box) on my brother's old 2001 RS, that sounded cool. This just sounds weird, and the sounds kinda vibrates too...However, I didn't notice any negative side effects, no bogging or hesitation in the low rpms.

I put that sucker back on after a couple days because I just could not stand it any longer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cthomasset is offline   Reply With Quote