FabFlatFour
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 185213
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2007 Impreza 2.5i
UGM

Default Missing 5 Litres?

I'm not sure if this is the exact forum, but here goes...

So I was a little ways from home and the fuel light came on one evening a couple weeks ago. I finished what I was doing and later that evening I went to fill up but the gas station I went to had no gas (there was a power outage or something like that that crippled a local refinery). I figured I could make it home as there were no gas stations along my route. I ended up making it to the gas station a few blocks from my house barely; I ran out of gas (I know not the best thing to do...) as I turned into the gas station, but was able to roll right up to the pump.

This brings me to my question. My owners manual says that my 07 Impreza 2.5i has a 60L tank, however, I filled it up all the way and I could only put in a hair more than 55L. Where did that missing 5L of fuel go? I can't imagine that all the ancillaries (fuel lines, pumps etc) would hold that much fuel would they?

I tried searching for answers to this supposed (or perhaps perceived) discrepancy but to no avail. If anyone knows of a thread, please post it as I'm curious to learn what this discrepancy is due to or if perhaps there is an underlying problem.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by FabFlatFour; 08-05-2009 at 04:05 PM.
FabFlatFour is offline   Reply With Quote