Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
Realityryan
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346282
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 Subaru Wrx Sti
Spark Silver Metallic

Yea - as I said if the dealer doesn't want to fix it I'm really SOL when it comes to returning the car...I wish I had taken notice of the local laws before I bought the vehicle. It's going to be really hard to hold them liable.

Quote:
New Hampshire has neither a "cooling off period" to cancel a used car sale, nor a used car "lemon law." Although some states have such laws, New Hampshire's "lemon law" applies only to new cars (refer to the section on Autos: Lemon Law, and a "cooling off" period is nonexistent in either new or used car sales. New Hampshire does offer protection for the used car buyer by regulating the sale of "unsafe" used cars (i.e., cars that cannot pass state inspection), in addition to warranty protection under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
http://doj.nh.gov/consumer/sourcebook/autos-used.htm

As I said, I did find the previous owner on facebook who, was really cool about it and has no liability and therefore no reason to lie to me and said the only mod ever done was the cat back exhaust and no tune. So taking that as a truth, I can't see why the dealer wouldn't fix it when Subaru states their warranties are fully transferable for the life of the warranty.

+1
to the poster who said 50% MacMulkin Chevy and 50% SOA, I might be able to work something out like that if poop hits the fan.

Also, +1 to calling the news channel...believe you me, if it turns out I spent 31K on a rolling lemon, that I'm liable to pay to fix (even a portion) I will be making some noise and some other lives miserable outside of my own.

-------- OK --------

So aside from business law and legal recourse, doesn't anyone have a better guess as to why it's not starting?

As I said I disconnected the MAF, fuses look good and I disconnected and reconnected the battery.

Anyone agree with with me about it being fuel pump related?

Waiting for the "your timing belt jumped/broke" guy to show up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Realityryan is offline   Reply With Quote