View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 AM   #481
DougNuts
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 192568
Vehicle:
2015 Outback 3.6R
2018 F150 3.5TT

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but did Tesla drop the $35k model already? I just went to Tesla.com and it appeared that the $39k option was the cheapest available.

Also, where can I find more information about the lease offers?

Edit: Found an article about my first question. Bolding mine.

Quote:
The news of Tesla’s Model 3 leasing program comes on the heels of several other major shakeups for the electric car maker, most of which affect the company’s Model 3 options directly. The once highly anticipated $35k Standard Range variation of the car has been removed from Tesla’s website in favor of the Standard Plus variant only out of the two most affordable options.

Customers can still obtain the Model 3 Standard Range outside of the online process; however, the Plus variation must be purchased first, making the downgrade a software-generated reversion of battery range and computer programs given with a refund.

Tesla’s financial reasoning behind these changes may be clarified further during the upcoming Q1 2019 earnings call scheduled for April 24th. In the company’s announcement regarding the sales retooling, streamlining and simplification of operations were cited as the primary drivers. Additionally, the Model 3 Standard Plus sold at six times the rate of the Standard, according to Tesla, thus offering an opportunity to further simplify the ordering and manufacturing process became apparent.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DougNuts is offline   Reply With Quote