Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 354716
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 Mustang GT
Vortech thing..8millionHP

I'm the secretive PM guy...

The headers overall I think are pretty good for the money. There's some questionable welds and seams, but you get what you pay for. I think it's more of a function over form thing. The EGT bung on my set was pretty snotty, and actually had a small shard from the primary wall barely hanging on. Nothing some needlenose pliers couldn't handle. That was pretty disheartening but I went ahead installing them anyway.

The CNT rep I emailed said they were the 'perrin style' when I asked. I've never held a Perrin header in my hand so I couldn't give any real comparison.

Fit was OK. It's the first set of headers i've ever put on a Subaru so again, no other comparison unfortunately. I had to do a bit of stretching to get them on. It lined up with the stock up-pipe fine. The gaskets included are garbage. The header to up-pipe gasket actually blew out mid pull on the dyno. Replaced with a GS gasket, and it's been fine since.

I recently noticed a super small exhaust leak 'tick'. Sure enough one of the flanges was leaking at the head. I'm not sure if it's the flange that wasn't quite welded at the right angle or a leaky gasket. I'm still using the OEM head gaskets. My car runs fine, so I haven't had any urgency to fix it. I have plans to swap out headers soon, so that's a factor in my laziness as well.

I'm just a enthusiast that's fairly new to the Subaru world, so take that into consideration.

They have only been on my car for about 5-6k miles, but they are holding up fine so far. I would recommend them if you're looking for a decent budget header. Even if you have to tinker with them a bit to get them to an acceptable level, they're still worth the $270.

Feel free to ask anymore specific questions.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
c.pick is offline   Reply With Quote