Scooby Newbie

Member#: 330690
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2011 2.5 HB
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiUFsh View Post
Post your 2015 WRX UOAs here! Since the FA20DIT is brand new to the 2015 WRX I figured this would be a start to finding out what is the best oil to use in this car. STIs, we already know too much about you already. About the engine during this interval... This is the break in factory fill. I kept the RPMs under 4,000 RPM for the first 900 miles and then did random WOT pulls to about 5,500 RPM for the rest of the miles along with other normal daily driving. In consideration for the known DIT fuel dilution issues, I let the car idle on cold starts until the RPMs settled to about 1,500 and not any longer. I drove it nice and easy until the oil temp reached about 190 degrees F. My commute to work is short so I made it a point to drive the car until the oil was warmed all the way up (about 200-207 degrees F) and then some extra driving before I turned the car off. This sample was taken warm after about 20 minutes of highway driving. Even though I had a very strong fuel smell when changing this oil, the fuel percentage came out <0.5%. Other than the cSt Visocsity being in the 20 weight oil range (which seems normal for the factory fill based on what I've seen) the rest of it looks pretty standard for an engine that's breaking in. I'm very satisfied with the results. I replaced this fill with 5.4 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 and an OEM filter. I will be doing another analysis on the Pennzoil after about another 2000 miles.
Wow. The viscosity is mid 20 grade.

And is that after just a 1k miles...?

I wonder why SUBARU is ok with this... ?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
geeman789 is offline   Reply With Quote