Old 10-11-2017, 01:19 PM   #460
WOAH BRAH
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 442649
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
12 WRX hatch

Default How To: Re-Wire Fuel Pump For Constant Voltage

I can confirm that this thread makes it a lot more complicated than it should be.

I can also confirm the DW hardwire kit works great by following the instructions provided and maintains the duty cycles. Works just like factory except more voltage going to pump which is what you want.

For a 12 wrx with a walbro 255 stock fpr and stock fpc this works with no issues of running 100% and no draw issues.

Red from relay to battery (least intrusive method is through driver side under carpet through big gromet at top left of driver footwell. Use coat hanger to feed wire through LF fender to battery. This looks very clean too! the only spot the power wire is visible is on the battery positive cable.

Blue and yellow wires from relay to fp harness wire green with yellow stripe wire . One is spliced into fp side one is to harness side (sorry canít remember which donít have directions near me. Will update when I get home.) I crimped them but I plan on going back and soldering.
**Before you splice wires make sure you run your power wire through the fp cover hole and not outside of it or you will pinch the wire when you put your fp cover back on. Also the length is excessive so you can de pin the power wire and shorten it and if you accidentally didnít run power through hole.**

Drill a hole in cover and Mount the relay under the fp cover with a dampener. The wires running to the pump are short and itís not a great idea to put it on top where people sit

Passenger rear seat belt bolt. is a great ground and close to your fp relay. Run your ground there.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WOAH BRAH is offline   Reply With Quote