View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #8
tomhid
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 482449

I am the owner of HIDprojectors and I have been working with Mr. Andrew (dreamofwrx) and have made every effort to resolve this issue with him, even offering him a full refund after he has had these lights for more than a year. Unfortunately, we were not able to come to an amicable solution, despite our best efforts. The claims he is making about our company and level of customer service are incorrect.

1) Yes he had a wiring issue that we acknowledged and addressed for him.
2) Yes one of the lights had a reflector come loose which we apologized for and fixed (and paid for shipping both ways)
3) The condensation pictured occurred more than a year after his initial install and has since cleared up (could have been a number of issues causing this). We offered to troubleshoot with him via email or phone, take the light back and troubleshoot and test for him if he was unable to do it himself, and even offered him a full refund, with paid shipping after more than a year of ownership. Mr Andrew refused these attempts to fix the issue and required us to pay him $700 and allow him to keep the lights, which we refused.

Please see email chain below for an accurate recap of communications. We pride ourselves in customer service and have been building lights for more than 10 years. Yes, mistakes were made here and yes, we did try to fix them, up to an including a full refund however we were unable to reach an amicable solution with this customer.

***email chain (read from the bottom up for chronological order***

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:31 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: 2012 Pathfinder Retrofit

Color me surprised, donít worry Ive already started spreading my review on social media with pictures attached, next step every car forum I am a member of. Ill shop elsewhere for my pathfinder lights. Couldnít be any worse of an experience than what Ive had already.

Andrew
On Feb 20, 2018, at 4:28 PM, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Andrew. Iím sorry but I cannot accept that.

Thanks,

Tom Heusinger
President, HIDprojectors, INC
HIDprojectors.com

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 4:26 PM

The only acceptable solution to me at this point is a refund, but you donít get the lights back. Or i send the lights back with a bill for the hours of time Iíve put into this situation. I charge 50 per hour to my clients. Plus time for my truck being down. Sound fair?

Andrew

On Feb 20, 2018, at 4:04 PM, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Andrew Ė if a refund is the best course here I would be happy to do that for you. I truly am sorry that the lights went out this way as that is not what we typically produce here. I can offer you two options:

1) You can send the lights back for a full refund. Weíll pay shipping costs to take them back as well.
2) You can send the light that is having condensation issues back and weíll be happy to test and reseal it.

Please let me know which option works best for you.

Thanks,

Tom Heusinger
HIDprojectors.com

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:47 PM

And by the way, yes i checked the things you suggested. My question is if 700 dollars is what i pay for a correct pair of headlights, whats my refund for the lights i received? You dont want to seem to answer that question though. The first question you should have asked: how can i make it right. You dont want to talk to me on the phone trust me.
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2018, at 2:31 PM, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
HI Andrew Ė I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with our level of support. I can assure you that we are trying our best to help here. We typically work with the customer to try and identify a possible fix that doesnít involve sending the lights back. For example, if its something as simple as the seal on the turn signal, thatís an easy thing for the customer to check and verify. Same goes for the wire routing. Often the fix is an honest oversight and doesnít require sending the lights back. If those items all test out then yes, we would recommend taking the light back here to troubleshoot it.

Please let me know if you can answer the questions from my previous email which will help us figure out the next step. If you prefer to just mail the light back to us without doing those test we would be happy to do them for you.

Iíll be here all week if youíd like to talk on the phone about this Ė you can reach me at 716.662.3479, option 1.

Thanks,

Tom Heusinger
HIDprojectors.com

Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:51 AM

Tom,

Ok, the head light had not been moved or messed with and the wires were the same as they had always been because i had never had an issue prior. So at this point, who knows? I guess I am going to put my truck back together because I have been without its use for multiple weeks due to the head light issues and I am tired of dealing with it. So I will be blunt, whats the fix? Whats my compensation? Are we done at this point, because there has not been an offer from your company. I just donít find it acceptable to hear about why all of these things have gone wrong and what I need to do to fix them. 10% off my next pair of headlights that may or may not have just as many issues isnít going cut it. So I will leave the ball in your court, make it worth my time, or Ill deal with any future issues on my own, and make sure I do a full write on my experience with your company on the forums and FB pages.

Andrew
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
tomhid is offline   Reply With Quote