View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #15
OH06Impreza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 501799

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRibbonRyan View Post
Any time a tank wont fill properly it has to do with it properly venting, so a partially stuck vent valve could cause both a small leak by the gas cap region causing that code while also not opening enough to vent pressure as the tank is filled. Sometimes the vent tube could be clogged, often by spiderwebs, causing similar problems. I know on some vehicles, not necessarily Subaru, I have had the check valve in the tank itself cause this issue, or the other extreme where it never clicks off and causes fuel to come rushing out. I don't jump to conclusions without testing first but the vent valve is a place to check, when not powered on it should flow freely through, with 12v and ground applied it should be completely sealed on a typical car.
I found another thread = https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho....php?t=1584069 Reply #15 that MAY corroborate what you're saying here.

Since we don't know yet if the CEL will be back on (we need a drive cycle) then IF it doesn't come back on this points to the vent valve. I hope to GOD it doesn't come on..
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
OH06Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote