Old 03-07-2020, 03:12 AM   #3688
vicious_fishes
Scooby Guru

Member#: 158864
Vehicle:
2003 SOHC destroker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabnorg View Post
I'm working on getting an EZ30 into a 2003 Impreza bugeye and have pulled AC bits off of 2.5 and 3.0 Outbacks for comparison. Still working on this, but I think at this point the AC compressor clutches will swap over, facilitating the use of a manual system compressor with the 6 rib serpentine belt used by the EZ30:

Here is a pic of the 2.5 AC compressor sitting on the 3.0 AC bracket (fits perfectly) on top of the EZ30 and everything lines up:

plumbing is the same for 2.5 and 3.0 Outbacks, with the 2.5 Outback limited I found having a dryer with a 2 pin switch, while the LL Bean 3.0 Outback has a 3 pin switch:

Not sure what the difference is except to note that the Limited Outback has manual AC as opposed to the Bean's auto AC system.

I'm not sure if there is an AC dryer on the Impreza, but it certainly is not in the same location, and the AC plumbing thru the firewall is different than on the Legacy Outbacks:

^Outback Limited

^Impreza (no dryer)

^Impreza again, note that AC lines don't go into firewall in the same location as Legacy Outbacks. Also, the heater core inlet and outlet are to the driver's side of the dogbone mount, vs. either side on the Outbacks.

It's a work in progress but I figured I'd post in case anyone can benefit or has other ideas...

Cheers,
Dave
you'll be able to get the lines connected no probs if you go to a wrecker - the most i had to do was take the pump specific and mate it to the recipient-firewall-specific with an an-10 fitting.

i'm very curious to see if you can get the clutch swaps to work though. i got mine to work with a hotwire but that was as far as i got.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vicious_fishes is offline   Reply With Quote