View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 11:47 PM   #1
qudrcps
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 453036
Default 09' Sedan Rear-view Camera Install?

A friend recently purchased a 2009 4-Dr Sedan and wants to install an OEM camera (86267-FJ-000). Having done my own '13 (see above/below), I looked to see how that might be adapted.

Looking through the wiring diagrams, and the care itself, it appears:
1. The Audio Head Unit can be swapped out for the CM-631-UD used in '10-'15 (plug-and-play)
2. The Trunk Lid Cord (81811-FJ-050) may be plug-and-play compatible with the original 81811-FG-000, with adaptations for splicing in a two-conductor shielded cable run from the front with SVXdc's 8-Pin Rear Camera Harness with red 6 volt power wire.

The "sticking point" is that the '09 trunk lid "garnish" does not have the"slot" area that can be removed for the camera as does the '13. Therefore, I assume, this would cutting a port using a rotary cutting tool, and perhaps a bracket to hold the camera in position. I did notice that the license plate lights are farther apart in the '09 garnish that later versions, but still might be room on the left side, as in the '13.

Any thoughts on this, or might it be better to go a 3rd party camera. If so, which one?

Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
qudrcps is offline   Reply With Quote