Scooby Newbie

Member#: 507940
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2002 wrx
white

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicMonte View Post
Also whatís weird is when you unplugged your maf your car ran still...? When I did that my car turned off immediately. Which ruled out the maf in my case. But replaced anyways. My AFRs were loopy, jumping from low 13s to high 15s and occasional 17ish. When the FPR was replaced it fixed the idle AFRs. My injectors were a culprit of high af learning values and long cranks.

Look into why your car would still run with MAF unplugged. And go from there.(if Iím reading your post correctly)? Iím not familiar with Prosport? Is that a afr gauge?
In most cars when you unplug your maf the ecu goes in to a default mode and corrects fueling by only data from the o2 sensors (at least from what I understand). This is why I thought my maf was bad, but I cleaned my old one and got a new one and it still idles at 17 afr.

And yeah, prosport is a brand of afr gauge. It reads constant 17 afr and the car sounds cammed/lopey at idle and shakes a lot. The second I start moving its fine and the afrs are what id suspect to be normal.

Car doesn't take long to crank, you turn the key and it starts right up.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Easyy is offline   Reply With Quote