Longitude
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (81)

Member#: 2216
Vehicle:
0000 Gee See
dented

Default Dealers: please DO NOT try to rip off your Suby owners

First off, a THANK YOU to Scott (SRS) on the club for helping me out with my Subaru 30K sparkplug maintenance. We changed'm last Saturday at the SD autocross.

Secondly, I nearly got ripped off by a vendor, a dealership (not again!!!) regarding this. I won't list specific individuals other than that it was RENICK Subaru.

I was given an estimated $150.00 for the sparkplug change (if I bring in my own plugs. Otherwise it'd be even more) because it supposedly "required a few hours to do" because they'd have to "remove the washer fluid and battery" etc etc..

I knew darn well that this price was steeep and slowly walked away. But due to my busy optometry classes I was getting desperate and was thinking of getting it done at Renick. Close..but they didn't get me.

I became even more upset after Scott and I got the plugs changed ourselves. It was damn easy and took about 10 minutes!!! Plus, we only removed the washer fluid box without messing with the battery.

:monkey: SHAME ON YOU DEALERSHIPS (AGAIN!!!)!!!

From San Diego (remember? http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthr...ghtmare+balboa) to Fullerton, the dealerships get on my last nerve.

$$$Even doctors have more mercy$$$

--Long
**Disclaimer: Not all dealerships suck ass. Just the ones I've dealt with, except for Irvine Subaru which is still awesome sales/service in my book**
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Longitude is offline   Reply With Quote