bob655
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37256
Vehicle:
2010 Impreza 2.5i
Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsmeow View Post
3) The beautifully integrated polished tailpipe exhaust bell that came standard on the 2006 Impreza 2.5i is gone , replaced by a simple cheap-looking, downscale angle cut steel tailpipe akin to that found on a base model Chevrolet Cobalt. The angle cut I am certain is to increase exhaust scavenging efficiency, but the overall look is a big disappointment when compared to the 2006. I guess stainless steel tailpipe covers will be back in vogue as a PIO or dealer installed option. Save the unfortunate tailpipe change (the $300 base price reduction had to come from somewhere), the muffler appears the same as the 2006, being a SUBARU MMFF4 Sakamoto;

That sucks...cost reduction by cheapening the looks is a bad move IMO.....especially when all the other manufacturers seem to *adding* chrome exhausts to all their models.

I'd rather they reduced costs by removing items people don't care (or care less) about, such as the thick padded carpeting in the trunk (new for 2006) - I mean really, do your groceries need the added comfort or something?

Going back to the cheap 90's style exhaust look does nothing for Subaru's new "premium" image, especially when the back-end of the car is what most people will see when they're stuck in traffic.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bob655 is offline   Reply With Quote