Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333446
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza SL CVT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans2k View Post
man, i really hate to say it. but i do see his point.
why do you hate to say it?

Quote:
BUT!!! this car is a 5 speed is very dull and boring and mooshy. it is not a "direct" feeling.
at least I'm not the only "crazy" one.

Quote:
i am not trying to justify why i bought the CVT or hate on the manual. if you love manuals, then go for it.
this is not acceptable! this means war. how dare you have a differing point of view and offer it up in a polite manner!

Quote:
i actually would love to have 50/50 split than 90/10 or whatever it is.
I think a little more research needs to be done on this topic. read the zeeps post below - you may have the superior system in terms of performance. The trade off of course is it's more expensive service on it. The question is how often are there problems with the active AWD - anyone have any information on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeper View Post
Subaru Outback owners with more experience in both manual and the Auto versions of AWD (manual is viscous coupling, Auto/CVT use electronic clutches) found that both were great, but the Auto was slightly better because the system responded quicker to changes in traction.

This makes sense because the viscous coupling fluid has to heat up to begin transferring more power, which takes longer.

Personally I like having the simpler viscous coupling AWD and the manual transmission because they are proven for longevity and cheaper to maintain and replace.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
M45 is offline   Reply With Quote