0BlueSTi4
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 98955
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch
White

Quote:
Originally Posted by djennison
I dont have pics to show you, but I first colored my boost gauge light with a sharpie and it was rather pink. I then got the 2.3w bulb and it was MUCH brighter, but the sharpie didnt hold well. I then got some red covers on the 2.3w bulb and its a NICE clear RED. Not pink, not red washed out, pure bright red!

The bulb can be found at your local pepboys, kragen, and radioshack. If you pull the bulb from your boost gauge, you will see it clearly marked "74" somewhere on it. Take that into the auto parts store and look around. You will see normal 2.1w #74 lights and you will also see a 2.3w version (not sure if its still called a #74), but I found them at two different stores.

I also heard you can use a #24 bulb, which is bigger in size, but Im not sure on that.

And finally, the LED ones do work well color wise (speaking about boost gauge only), but I found the lighting to be pointed towards the top of the gauge only.

My suggestion, do LED for the speedo gauge cluster, do the 2.3w #74 light for the boost. And the HVAC, I dont know much about what looks best.

Ok so sounds like to better match STi gauge cluster you would use a brighter bulb and single? (or did you use more than one?) red bulb cover.

Has anyone experimented with brighter bulbs and different number of red bulb covers for the key ring and HVAC? I am just trying to make everything match the stock STi cluster as closely as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
0BlueSTi4 is offline   Reply With Quote