Kean
Scooby Guru

Member#: 25187
Vehicle:
2020 Forester
2010 Challenger R/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreycarlile911 View Post
Ya ive been waxing my cars for while now and my dad had a professional buffer that was like 200 bucks, but i dont have money for a nice one yet so im useing a cheap turtle wax buffer with no speed setting is it ok to use professional grade products with my cheapo buffer of will i just do more harm than good? When i hand wax it leaves some marks from the wax also
There could be several reasons the "wax" you're using could be leaving streaks/residue. ....the product itself could be to blame, the amount of product you're using (applying too heavily), the surface is too hot, high humidity, residue from another product, contamination, etc.

Personally, I have used a couple of those cheap orbitals back in the day and was never impressed with their performance. I would take Ncreamer's advice and just find a cool, shady spot to wax the car by hand. However, I would advise that you first do a small section of a panel to test your product(s) and techniques before committing to the entire vehicle. You'll save a lot of time and frustration this way. Get your process down first and then proceed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kean is offline   Reply With Quote