EvaUnit01
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 511379
Vehicle:
2019 WRX
Dark Grey Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtv900 View Post
right, so it's about the context of the question.
I've done it myself, but I had to.

My entire point was, doing it for no reason at all is bad advice when you have a perfectly sealed pan and no real statistical likelihood of a pick up failure despite the outright lies people make up about that likelihood without a single shred of legitimate data or evidence to support that claim.

If you just want to do a mod because you are into starting to mod stuff, fine, more power to you.
But this thread was not about a guy who said, "I want to mod just for the sake of modding because I'm into it, what are good starting points?"
Then sure, just start throwing out random mod ideas and see what sticks.

But he asked what he should do for reliability and he got a laundry list of horrible advice, best of all half of it was from a guy who has never done these things on any car and doesn't have any experience, but DOES have all the answers because youtube.

Now he's got a less reliable car, and worst of all he thinks he got a lifetime engine warranty. I mean for gods sake? Lifetime engine warranty WITH mods?
I mean, I can provide evidence of the specific documentation from the dealership, where it states that.

Maybe that will show you that some people actually retain and ask for documentation that is validated and vetted.

Then there's the clarification I received from the General Manager, that is signed in wet ink by him to confirm that modifications are acceptable.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EvaUnit01 is offline   Reply With Quote