Old 11-05-2022, 08:35 PM   #4
atbwrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 447001
Vehicle:
2014 WRX
White

Well that went better than expected.

I had to wrestle with it a bit, and get a couple of radiator hose pick tools in on it, but got the boost hose on. Its actually pretty well designed for the application. The VertiCooler snorkel on the hood is wedge shaped on the bottom, so when you drop the hood the wedge separates the boost hose from the VertiCooler so the snorkel can fit inbetween and still seal to the face of the VertiCooler.

The crank vent and that wire terminal are not yet connected.

On the terminal, you can see that the top 1/4 of the black casing is for the locking mechanism. It will be a little ghetto, but I'm thinking of dremeling that off, and using E-tape to hold this connector onto the female side of the terminal. That would create about 1/4" of clearance which should be enough to put this back on.

Either that, or I'll have remove the downpipe, flange brace and unbolt the up pipe at the header, and use a jack to push up on the up pipe and see if I can create enough clearance under the turbo to click this terminal back together.

Anyone know what this terminal powers? It looks like its attached to a valve on the top of the block.

Comments, suggestions appreciated.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
atbwrx is offline   Reply With Quote