flyboy1100
Scooby Guru

Member#: 314216
Vehicle:
2012 2.0i Sport 5MT
DGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatHorse View Post
I had the same experience with my old '93 Civic. I would have had to floor it 100% of the time to get below 35mpg, I think. I regularly got ~45mpg out of it despite the EPA estimate of something like 33mpg or 35mpg.

I think your Corolla and my old Civic had much "wider" mpg curves. That is, the mpgs dropped off comparatively slowly above and below the car's "sweet spot." I think the Impreza's mpg curve is less forgiving. It's a bigger and heavier car with a larger engine (at least compared to my old Civic). Not to mention AWD... It can get decent mileage in some circumstances, but not as easily or as often as an old 1.5L 1000 lb. Civic.

If you are actually trying to petition Subaru to get money for gas you must be pretty unhappy with your car. Might I suggest an alternative? Sell it. Imprezas are in high demand right now. You'll lose some money on depreciation but it will probably be worth the money to get rid of the stress of a car that you are unhappy with.
no the problem is those cars are more than 600-800lbs lighter, FWD (only 2 wheels to power, i'm sure you understand this, stevehm does not) and less overall HP.

i've tried arguing with him on this matter and but it is like talking to a wall. it is basic physics and some people really just don't understand physics.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
flyboy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote