Former Vendor

Member#: 110224
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Sedan
PDX Tuned 295 hp 265 tq

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWrxWagon View Post
I am curious about the tub rework? what is getting reworked? it looks great... it will barely accomodate my MRD-F752 Surfboard 5-channel Alpine amp from Heck... lol...

I was planning on the sub first.. the amp tub for my B-day in march... are there any left or are all on hold until rework?

Please advise?

Rob

ps: there are NO other properly done enclosures for the Subbie I have found. None for the spare tire area ever came to life, that I have encountered. The only other finished box has been kind of "side lined" by the other guy & he will make them as needed, but the quality & OE-fit doesn't compare... even if it is 1/2 the money... its half the cosmetic job.

The tub re-work is nothing major, really just to speed things up on our end. Currently we make all the MDF pieces in house at our shop, gets to be pretty time consuming even when using templates like we do. We're having a shop program our current MDF parts into their CNC so we can save time there, we're also having our fiberglass shop build a spendy trim jig so the actual fiberglass tub will already be trimmed when we pick em up. Trimming those things by hand and then with the router is teh suck!

This is actually bringing the cost of the parts up, but will save time on our end. Cosmetically you won't notice any difference in the tubs all said and done though.

We were hoping once this was done to offer them up in a GB as well to help recoup some of the tooling costs involved.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Audio Integrations is offline   Reply With Quote