Old 11-01-2020, 06:54 PM   #110
blueberryapple
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 519370
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2020 WRX
WRB

Alrighty got everything working thanks to ajsti24's instructions. One gotcha was to actually cut that ground wire and not tap it! I think that's how I ended up burning the fuse lol. Anyways after replacing the fuse it worked.

Tapping into the D83/84 plug was a major pain and I ended up having to solder it on since there wasn't much room to use a t-tap or positap. You should probably use a 20 awg wire, the fuse is rated to 7.5 amps. Definitely would be nice if anyone figures out which pin these plugs need.

The auto folding module is actually extremely simple to install. You just need to take the black wire at pin 1 from the 16 pin plug that goes into the main window switch and the white green wire from the 3 pin plug that also goes to the main window switch and route those two to the empty white 2 pin plug that comes with the module. Take care to follow the instruction manuals when releasing and repinning these; it gets kind of tricky. Then route the black wire back to the 16 pin and the red to the 3 pin. You also need to tap into the red/green-blue wire with the black t-tap they provide. Then everything should work. The review on japanparts with the pictures and ajsti24's post on iwsti really helped.

Somehow the main window switch for the passenger side stopped working for me. This might be the fact that I blew the 7.5 amp fuse since I didn't initially cut the ground wire. If anyone experienced anything similar in the past, please help ^^.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by blueberryapple; 11-01-2020 at 10:21 PM.
blueberryapple is offline   Reply With Quote