View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #1
Noturboneeded
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 423982
Default Exterior Driver Door Handle

I have a 2005 Legacy GT and all but one of my exterior door handles (and one of the interior) are broken. I've been climbing through the passenger door for a couple months now, but I finally decided to replace some of the handles today for fear that the passenger one would break and I would really be in trouble. I got through one of the rear handles fairly easily in a couple hours, but I've run into a couple of problems and I was hoping some of you had done this and could possibly offer some guidance.

First question is fairly simple, on my rear driver side door, both the exterior and interior handles are broken so I'm not sure how to open the door to remove the door card and replace the handle assembly. Is there a simple way to open a door like this?

Second question is in regards to the front driver door handle. I got the old assembly out and placed the new one in without too much trouble, but one of the rod clips is a nightmare. I have the lock rod in place, however the latch rod clip does not seem big enough to go around the rod. I've struggled for a while now and even tried to melt it a little and spread the clip apart with a screwdriver, but the rod just refuses to get clipped in. Have any of you done this replacement and experienced anything similar?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Noturboneeded is offline   Reply With Quote