Old 12-29-2020, 11:20 PM   #7
spoolinsti05
Scooby Guru

Member#: 108051
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2005 TickingTimeBomb
Jr tuned TT Sleeved

If the bearings are clean and show no scoring and clearance out properly I don't see any issue with reusing them at all..

I will however agree with you that most aftermarket bearings are soft junk crap that can't handle any detonation what so ever. You thought a oem piston was weak hah..

Why do you think king made a new line of bearings with harder material... Because the old ones freaking are smosh. Stay away from that trim-metal junk.

I live by the if it ain't broken don't fix it. Used parts are tried and true. New parts can easily turn into a gamble. However they do work great in most cases..

The heat cycle straightness of the block thing is another thing it can or can't be in spec. You'd need to check it. Spend the money buy the tools and check it yourself. It WILL Definitely be Worth it. Ask me how I know been there done that...

Shoot even if I was rich I'd buy said block and assembly from said company and inspect it myself for piece of mind. At least I could sleep at night knowing my piston won't wobble in the bore or seize to the sidewall at high boost.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by spoolinsti05; 12-29-2020 at 11:28 PM.
spoolinsti05 is offline   Reply With Quote