Scooby Guru

Member#: 15341
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Borderline Pro
Photographer of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneJj View Post
I'm curious I have a Canon S3 IS and I have the filter adapter with a UV and CPL filter attached to it.

Any one with some good tips related to this type of camera? The manual mode on it sucks @#$%! But the rest of it is nice.

Macro on it is rather good. I use a monopod from time to time for those odd shots and at sporting type events.

I want to build a rig with some servos on it to push the shutter button so I can put it on a pole and get those nice high high angle shots but finding a good donor toy is not that easy, lol. I have many that could work but then again getting to work right has been a pain in the butt.
I very much believe you can still take good shots with this camera, even if the manual mode kinda sucks. You'll obviously be limited by the lack of control of shutter speed and aperture, but that doesn't mean you can't do good compositions with it. I often find that when I have my camera hardware as a limiting factor, I try to get more creative with my photography. This means trying to use very low or very high angles, making use of the macro mode you mentioned, or simply trying to do things that you normally couldn't do with a big DSLR due to size alone.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Verdugo is offline   Reply With Quote