View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #170
jedurham
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 364392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Splint View Post
$10k is def. more then enough to achieve 400whp, but you need to realize your 5 speed WRX tranny can not hold anywhere near that amount of power. So befor eyou do anything else you need to go buy and have installed a full STi 6 speed setup, I mean everything to not just the trans but the whole drivetrain. The STi drivetrain is a billion times stronger and will easily hold the power you want. Only thing is to buy all the parts for a STi drivetrain and have them installed your gonna end up spending prob about half your budget right there since they normally go used for around $4k, then youll need to pay for install as well. After you do that your gonna have to buy new wheels because youll have a STi bolt pattern which is 5x114.3 not 5x100 unless you get a conversion hub. So if you get wheels thats another decent chunk of change, if not and you have wheels that will work or go with the conversion hubs to be able to run your wrx wheels still that will save you some cash. Now with prob the $4k youll have left over since like I said that drivetrain is gonna set u way back you can start looking at power stuff. For quick power I would do a 20g turbo (its large enough to achieve the 400whp your after but small enough that it will spool quick and youll be able to almost max out the power on it leaving you with little to no lag), FMIC, 1000cc injectors, bigger fuel pump (like a walboro 255 or something similar) and a pro-tune. If you have any money left over which I think you will you may want to look into brakes because having a ton of power means nothing if you cant stop.
Really? My buddy's Rex puts out 400 whp and is on the stock 5 speed and it's holding up just fine. I can see the use in trading it out, but I'm not sure it's a necessity..... Please correct me if I'm wrong as I would have to do the same switch when I get mine!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jedurham is offline   Reply With Quote